With the mission of "the right drug, at the right dose, at the right time, to the right patient“, the Interreg North-West Europe Codex4SMEs project kicked off in September 2017. Thanks to its great success, the nine partners from six EU countries were awarded a second grant.
- Belgium: flanders.bio,
- France: Medicen Paris Region,
- Germany: BioRegio STERN Management GmbH and Health Innovation Hub & Holding GmbH,
- Ireland: Innovation and Management Centre Limited T/A WestBIC,
- Luxembourg: Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg,
- Netherlands: BOM Holding BV, InnovationQuarter, and European Research Infrastructure for Translational Medicine (EATRIS).
The Interreg NWE Codex4SMEs project supports developers and manufacturers of innovative diagnostics to make personalized healthcare accessible and affordable for everyone in Europe. The funding programme aims to support small and medium-sized (SME) companies in the life sciences and medical technology sectors engaged in the development of diagnostics. A key point to highlight is that all categories of diagnostics are supported, including in vitro and in vivo diagnostics. The consortium, with a new line-up, has set up a so-called Fast-Track Programme to bring diagnostics to market faster, offering SMEs a wide range of services along the entire value chain.
The following services are open to diagnostics companies: Interactive online seminars and individual consulting on biomarker development, biomarker validation, access to major pharma and medtech companies, translational and regulatory evaluation of diagnostics, search for collaboration partners and various business development trainings.
All services and deadlines for application can be found on the Codex4SMEs website.