While academic researchers are gradually involving patients and citizens in their research, meaningful patient engagement practices are challenging to develop in academia for various reasons such as lack of human and financial resources, or limited awareness of the tools and services available to guide researchers in their patient engagement journey.
- 12:30: Welcome by Marta Dias Agostinho, Executive Director, EU-LIFE Alliance
- 12:35: An introduction to the Patient Engagement Resource Centre, a new platform to help you get started with patient engagement, Eliis Keidong, Member Engagement Officer, EATRIS
- 12:45: Keynote Presentation from Sofie Bekaert, Manager Translational Programme, VIB (Belgium)
- 13.00-13:25: Panel discussion chaired by Valentina Stramiello, Director of Programmes, European Patients’ Forum
- 13:30: Closing by Marta Dias Agostinho, Executive Director, EU-LIFE Alliance