The EU-Africa PerMed project funded by the European Commission's H2020 framework programme seeks to develop international collaborations and identifying future actions in personalised medicine to be established between Africa and Europe. The objective is to build a lasting relationship between these two continents in terms of research, development, innovation and implementation for a better integration of the African needs in the international agenda for personalised medicine.
During two dedicated information days, one in English and one in French language, the EU-Africa PerMed project, its objectives, planned activities and expected results will be presented. The information days are thought of as a warm-up events prior to the 1st stakeholder workshop that will take place in Kenya on the 9th and 10th of February 2022.
Together with the presentation of the EU-Africa PerMed project, there will be a talk by the European Commission, Directorate-General of Research and Innovation, as funder of the project, and a short presentation of the International Consortium for Personalised Medicine (ICPerMed).
Two 1-hour sessions are planned:
- 1st December 2021 at 11:00 am (CET) – in English
- 13th December 2021 at 11:00 am (CET) – in French
- 11:00-11:10 Opening of the webinar
- 11:10-11:20 Welcome from the European Commission
- 11:20-11:35 The EU-Africa PerMed project
- 11:35-11:45 The ICPerMed consortium
- 11:45-11:55 Q&A / Discussion
- 11:55-12:00 Closing remarks
The webinar is open to everybody but registration is required.
To register, please visit the EU-Africa PerMed website.