Through its fifth transnational call, ERA PerMed aims to foster research on prevention in personalised medicine.
- Opening of online submission tool: 1st December 2021
- Information day introducing the joint transnational call 2022 to the research community: December 9th, 2021, 13:00 (CET)
- Submission deadline for pre-proposals: 17 February 2022, 17:00 CET
- Submission deadline for full-proposals: 14 June 2022, 17:00 CEST
ICPerMed’s partnering tool can be used to connect with other researchers interested in applying to the ERA PerMed call.
Aims of the Call
The overarching goal of the call is the development of tailor-made strategies for prevention of disease and disease progression, at three different levels:
- preventive measures decreasing the rate of incidence (primary prevention),
- early detection to increase the efficacy of a preventive therapy, even before symptoms are developed (secondary prevention), and
- interventions preventing disease recurrence or improving patients’ care and quality of life (tertiary prevention).
Research on prevention from over-treatment or overmedicalisation in primary, secondary and tertiary personalised preventive approaches is optional and could be part of research proposals, if applicable.
The clinical relevance of the proposed PM approach needs to be convincingly demonstrated.
The overall objectives of the ERA PerMed call are to:
- support translational research projects in the field of personalised medicine;
- encourage and enable interdisciplinary collaborations towards implementation of PM, in combining pre-clinical or clinical research with bio-informatics components as well as ELSA research or implementation research, including health economics;
- encourage collaboration between academia (research teams from universities, higher education institutions, public research institutions, research centres), clinical/public health research (research teams from hospital/ public health, healthcare settings and other healthcare organisations), private partners e.g. SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) as well as policy makers, regulatory/HTA agencies and patient organisations.
Scope of the Call
The JTC2022 is constructed around the following three research areas in order to ensure the development of specific PM approaches considering the major aspects needed for their successful implementation in the health systems: (1) “Translating Basic to Clinical Research and Beyond”, (2) “Data and Information and Communication Technology (ICT)” and (3) “Responsible and Effective Implementation in Healthcare”.
Each proposal MUST address at least one module out of each research area:
Assessment of the coherent integration and combination of the different research areas and modules in the proposals is part of the evaluation process.
More details are available on the ERA PerMed website.