The following awardees have been chosen:
- A pathology-supported genetic testing platform for application of breast cancer pharmacogenetics at the point of care (POC) using an integrated service and research approach
PI Maritha Kotze (Department of Pathology, Stellenbosch University and National Health Laboratory Service -NHLS- Tygerberg Hospital -South Africa)
Dr van der Merwe (Department of Pathology, Stellenbosch University -South Africa); Prof Rajiv Erasmus (Stellenbosch University -South Africa); Dr Armand Peeters (Pathology Research Facility (PRF) at Stellenbosch University's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences-South Africa.
- The Personalised Medicine Coalition: Developing Strategies for the Integration of Personalised Medicine in Health Care Practice
PI Daryl Pritchard (Senior Vice President of Science Policy at PMC, USA), The Personalized Medicine Coalition (PMC), representing a collaboration of more than 230 organizations
- A combined ANXA2-NDRG1-STAT1 gene signature predicts response to chemoradiotherapy in cervical cancer
PI Daniela Gallo (Sacro Cuore Cattolica University, Rome, Italy); M. Buttarelli; G. Babini; G. Raspaglio; F. Filipetti; A. Battaglia; A. Ciucci; G. Ferrandina; M. Petrillo; C. Marino; M. Mancuso; A. Saran; M. E. Villani; A. Desiderio; C. D'Ambrosio; A. Scaloni; G. Scambia
- International Tinnitus Research – Novel approaches in Personalised Medicine Research, Teaching and Treatment
PI Winfried Schlee (University Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany)
The selected authors will be invited to the ICPerMed Conference 2021 and will be given the opportunity to present their results during a plenary session to stakeholders interested in the area of PM. In addition, the successful candidates will receive a non-cash support for the dissemination of the best practice example by the ICPerMed Secretariat in the value of € 500. The aim of this dissemination is to provide the winner with an opportunity to seek supplementary dissemination activities that will accelerate and maximise the potential impact of the research findings and learnings gained on best practice on PM.
The proposals in fourth position will be invited to present a poster of their work during the ICPerMed Conference 2021. These are:
- Connecting the Austrian PerMed Community: The Austrian Platform for Personalized Medicine
PI Philipp Hofer on behalf of the Board of the Austrian Platform for Personalized Medicine (Medical University of Vienna, Austria)
PI Eva Winkler (University Heidelberg, Germany); Irina Idler, (University Heidelberg, Germany)
- Health outcomes, utility and costs of returning incidental results from genomic sequencing in a Canadian cancer population: protocol for a mixed-methods randomized controlled trial.
PI Yvonne Bombard (Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St. Michael’s Hospital. Toronto, Canada); Jordan Lerner-Ellis; Raymond Kim; Kevin Thorpe
- Cell “Mechanomics” - a novel approach for cancer diagnosis and personalized therapy
PI Ofra Benny (Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel).
- Reproducibiity of the Nanostring 22-gene molecular subgroup assay for improved prognostic prediction of medulloblastoma
PI Leticia Ferro Leal ( Barretos Cancer Hospital, Brasil); Adriane Feijò Evangelista; Flavia Escremim de Paula; Rui Manuel Reis